Come have fun with us!
Register now for Winter Session 2018 beginning mid January! Classes filling fast, book your spot today.
Discounts avail for siblings and nanny shares. Babies under 8 months attend free with registered sibling.
Why Music Together®? Catch a glimpse of our program details here
We are now in our Fall Session of music and movement classes for babies-Kindergarteners. Fall Session began September 11th and runs for 11 weeks. Fall end dates by day: Mondays end November 27, Tues end Nov 21, .Wed end Nov. 29, and for Thurs-Sat we skip the week of Thanksgiving, ending thurs Nov 30, Fri Dec. 1, and Sat Dec. 2.
MIXED-AGE CLASSES (0 to 5 years):
Child development researchers have found that grouping together children of varying ages fosters natural, family-style learning. Children—even babies!—are inspired and stimulated through interaction with peers of different ages: younger children watch and imitate older ones, older children lead younger ones, and adults are happy because their children are in class together. Our activities focus on adult/child interaction, where the adult is the musical role model for their child. This class is the basis for all Music Together classes, so if you have an infant, don't hesitate to take a Mixed Age Class if The Babies Only Class time doesn't work for you. All of our teachers have had specialized training in working with each age group within a mixed age setting; infants, toddlers, and 3-5 year-olds.
BABIES ONLY CLASS (0-8 months):
They may be pre-verbal and pre-mobile, but they’re not pre-musical! A specially designed one-semester introduction to music for our youngest music-makers. Musical activities such as finger play, lap songs, and songs without words are emphasized though we learn songs with words too. A great way to have fun with your new baby, learn how they learn, and meet other new parents. Class tuition includes 1 CD, MP3's of the music, a songbook, and 2 free make ups. Babies are always welcome in any mixed age class if the schedule of the Babies Only Class doesn't work for you. This class will be taught Thursdays at 11 am with Jessie White in Ft. Greene
New to our program?
- We know these early years with your babies, toddlers/preschoolers go fast, and love getting a chance to be a part of their special early years! We feel very blessed to be able to offer these classes that not only teach music and enhance all learning, but also foster special weekly play time that is all about your little one's self expression, joy, and blossing musicality!
- We are flexible (Please know that we are flexible in switching your child to a new day/time if the need arises, we know how nap times change!).
- Make-ups: We offer two free make ups which can be scheduled before or after your missed class so whether you plan in advance for that class you will miss due to going on a trip, or if you have to cancel last minute due to an unexpected illness, you can make it up!
The Music Together program includes:
- Weekly, 45-minute classes with the same group of people, and same teacher building a sense of safety and familiarity for your child. Fall, Winter, and Spring Sessions run 11 weeks. Summer session runs 6 weeks.
- A formally trained and apprenticed Music Together teacher (see teacher bios by clicking on "Teachers" tab above)
- Engaging and sophisticated songs, rhythmic chants, movement, and instrument play a long.
- A new CD, MP3's of the music, and a songbook (new collection of songs every semester for a 3 year cycle)
- Two make-ups allowed, to be used in the current semester only.
- A parent guide DVD on early childhood music development (for new families, on how to get the most out of the program).
Instruments and props include: bells, eggs shakers, drums, balls, scarves, rhythm sticks, and more!